THERE WAS/WERE exercises
Interactive exercises with there was / there were grammar structure.
- affirmative sentences writing exercise
- negative sentences writing exercise
- questions writing exercise
- affirmative sentences multiple choice exercise
- negative sentences multiple choice exercise
- questions multiple choice exercise
- there was/were random exercise (multiple choice)
ABOUT THERE IS / THERE ARE
There was and there were is used for the past tense, for plural we use there were – when you refer to more than one person or thing and for a singular there was – when you refer to one thing or person. The verb be is usually used in the past tense with the word there .
To make a question we put was or were before there. Negative statements with there was and there were – was not / were not – short way – wasn’t / weren’t.
Was – singular / Were – plural
Sentences - e. g.
There was a party last night.
There were some problems at the party.
There wasn’t a cat.
There weren’t any cats.
Was there a cat an hour ago?
Were there any cats an hour ago?